TAG has a simple Code of Conduct which you are kindly asked to follow and respect whilst riding on MoD Land to protect the access and local wildlife, and these are as follows.
- Avoid soldiers training. They are working and have priority. Turn around and go another way.
- Be polite if you encounter soldiers training and don’t use foul or abusive language. Extend the same courtesy to other recreational users of the land. In other words, treat others how you wish to be treated yourself.
- Give walkers, dog owners and horse riders space. Slow down, let them know you are behind/approaching if they have not seen you and pass with care.
- Follow any instructions from military personnel or the land wardens/managers.
- Don’t ride through a taped-off area, closure sign or a blocked off trail/track and do not rip down or remove any signage or tape.
- Whilst riding at night and you encounter soldiers, cover/dim you lights as you will disrupt their night vision.
- Take your litter home.
- Do not dig or build any unauthorised trails/features on MoD Land.
- Report fly tippers, motor cycles and other anti-social activity to the MOD South East Operations Room (number below).
- Respect wildlife at all times whilst on the land for recreation purposes. Please note the ground nesting bird season between falls 1st March to 15th September and nesting birds are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- Above all, remember you are an ambassador for our sport. Your actions and behaviour affect everyone – make sure they deliver a positive message.
If you need to report fly tipping/motorcycles/etc, please use the following numbers:
If you need to report any illegal activity please dial 101 / 999 whichever you think is appropriate in the circumstances.
Fly tipping/motor bikes/etc: MOD South East Operations room on 01420 483405
If you spot a fire please dial 999 immediately.
Emergency services and MOD will need to know where you are. Use What3Words or Ordnance Survey OS Locate App to give a location.