TAG has a simple Code of Conduct which you are kindly asked to follow and respect whilst Riding on MoD Land to protect the access and local wildlife, these are as follows.
- Avoid soldiers training. They are working and have priority. Turn around and go another way.
- Be polite if you encounter soldiers training and don’t use foul or abusive language. Extend the same courtesy to other recreational users of the land. In other words, treat others how you wish to be treated yourself.
- Give walkers, dog owners and horse riders space. Slow down, let them know you are behind/approaching if they have not seen you and pass with care.
- Follow any instructions from military personnel or the land wardens/managers.
- Don’t ride through a taped-off area, closure sign or a blocked off trail/track and do not rip down or remove any signage or tape.
- Whilst riding at night and you encounter soldiers, cover/dim you lights as you will disrupt their night vision.
- Take your litter home.
- Do not dig or build any unauthorised trails/features on MoD Land.
- Report fires immediately by dialling 999 and ask for the fire brigade. Report fly tippers and motor cycles to the MoD Police and the training area marshal (number below).
- Respect wildlife at all times whilst on the land for recreation purposes.
- Above all, remember you are an ambassador for our sport. Your actions and behaviour affect everyone – make sure they deliver a positive message.
If you need to report fly tipping/motorcycles/etc, please use the following numbers:
Training Area Marshal: 07887 525675 all areas
RMP Aldershot Duty Room: 01252 787 480
If you spot a fire please dial 999 immediately.